Burn Permit Information
Effective November 23, 2020
OPEN BURNING HAS BEEN REINSTATED BY CALFIRE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Local Response Area (LRA):
All questions regarding control burn permits should be directed to Bay Area Air Quality Management District.
- Go to http://www.baaqmd.gov/permits/open-burn and follow the directions.
- Contact REDCOM burn line at 707-565-1700
- On the planned burn day, call the 24-Hour Burn Day Hotline at 800-792-0787 prior to burning to determine if it is a burn day.
This area falls under the Northern District. If located in the SRA, which would be anywhere in the hills surrounding Sonoma County, a permit from CAL FIRE must be obtained.
Out of District (SRA):
- Guidelines: Burns shall not be started before 10am or after 3pm
- Fire must be completely extinguished by sundown
- 30ft clearance around burn pile
- Material must be dried 60-90 days prior to burning
- No processed lumber
- Person setting fire must be present at ALL times
- No accelerant can be used at ANY point
- It is recommended that a water source is present
In the event of an escaped fire, all suppression costs may be billed to the responsible party.
For information on how to obtain a permit from CAL FIRE, please visit: https://burnpermit.fire.ca.gov/